NCIA 2019 Annual Awards
Every year, NCIA makes a special effort to acknowledge individuals whose extraordinary skill and leadership in their respective programs improve Correctional Industries as a whole. Honor your fellow CI professionals and recognize their accomplishments by nominating them for a national award!
Award nomination forms are due to the NCIA National Office by Friday, October 12, 2018.
The Rodli Award recognizes a Correctional Industries Administrator/Director of Industries (former or current) who has made sustained, outstanding contributions to the Correctional Industries field and/or the NCIA during the course of his/her career. The following criteria apply:
- Candidates must be working or have worked in Correctional Industries for a minimum of five years.
- Candidates must be NCIA members for a minimum of three years prior to nomination (agency or practitioner membership applies).
- Candidates can be nominated by an NCIA member of any membership category.
Performance Excellence Award
This award recognizes an outstanding State or Federal Correctional Industry that, within the past three years, has implemented a minimum of two best practices and/or programmatic changes that align with NCIA’s Correctional Industries Best Practice Model defined in the Guide to Reentry-Focused Performance Excellence. The following criteria apply:
- CI must be an agency member in good standing for the previous three years.
- Nomination should clearly exhibit how the CI has improved their operations through the implementation of a minimum of two of the ten defined best practices.
- Nomination should cover changes implemented within the previous three years.
- The Rodli Award recipient’s Correctional Industry program is not eligible to receive this award in the same year.
- CI candidates can be nominated by an NCIA member of any membership category.
Jail Industries Award
The Jail Industries Staff Award recognizes superior performance and supervisory excellence of a Jail Industries staff member who has made a significant and sustained contribution to a Jail Industries program. The following criteria apply:
- Candidates must be working or have worked in Jail Industries for a minimum of three years.
- Candidates must be NCIA members for a minimum of one year prior to nomination (agency or practitioner membership applies.)
- Candidates should excel in the utilization of human resources, effectiveness in meeting goals and objectives, and quality of service or contribution.
- JI candidates can be nominated by an NCIA member of any membership category and must have the endorsement of their supervisor/jail industries administrator.
National Staff Award
The Staff Award recognizes the superior performance and supervisory excellence of a Correctional Industries staff member other than the industries director/administrator who has made a significant and sustained contribution to a Correctional Industries program. The following criteria apply:
- Candidates must be working or have worked in Correctional Industries for a minimum of three years.
- Candidates must be NCIA members for a minimum of one year prior to nomination (agency or practitioner membership applies).
- Candidates should excel in areas such as meeting goals and objectives; effective use of resources; constant display of powerful and positive excitement presenting the Correctional Industries mission to stakeholders; and dedication to being an expert in their respective area of Correctional Industry operations.
- Candidates must be nominated through their region, coordinated by the NCIA Regional Appointees to the Board, and have the endorsement of their supervisor and Correctional Industries director/administrator.
Please note that every state within each region is strongly encouraged to submit one Staff Award candidate. This is important because each nominee will automatically be included in the NCIA Honor Roll. Each NCIA Region will then select a Regional Staff Award recipient who will serve as the final candidate from their respective region to run for the National Staff Award. Regional winners will also be recognized at the NCIA Awards Banquet at the 2019 National Training Conference.
NOTE: Nomination forms for the National Staff Award are distributed and processed by your Regional Chair. Please contact your Regional Chair for any questions or nomination form requests:
NCIA REGIONAL CHAIRS
(406) 846-1320, email@example.com
(410) 540-5412, firstname.lastname@example.org
(615) 741-1800, email@example.com
David O. Milton
(651) 361-7501, firstname.lastname@example.org
South Central Region
(402) 471-1255, email@example.com
General Criteria (applicable to all awards):
- The nominator and nominee submitted for an NCIA award must be an NCIA member in good standing with the exception of the McLaughlin and Distinguished Service Award.
- The nomination for an award must be initiated and submitted by a qualifying individual in accordance with the above noted criteria.
- Nominations for awards cannot result in financial gain or interest to the nominee or nominator.
- All nominations, except for the National Staff Award, will be forwarded to the Awards Committee for review and approval prior to the names being placed on the ballot. The National Staff Award is an exception because this award is generated through the regions.
- The NCIA Board of Directors votes on the ballot of names submitted by the Awards Committee for each award.
- Each award will be evaluated annually for a recipient.