NCIA Webinar – Focus on Braille
Wednesday, May 22, 2019 – 1:00 PM EDT
This Webinar will focus on the Texas Braille operations as well as how the National Prison Braille Network helps Correctional Industries start & develop Braille shops from scratch.
This Webinar is not only for CIs with existing Braille operations, but also for CIs thinking of developing their own Braille shop.
Webinar topics include:
- Texas will give an overview of their Braille operations including shop history, current production statistics, overall production process, equipment, and tips and techniques to run an efficient Braille shop. Texas will also review how they train incarcerated individuals in the various Braille transcription formats.
- The National Prison Braille Network (NPBN) will review how they help CIs start and develop Braille operations, with an emphasis on connecting Correctional Industries with vision officials within the CI’s state.
- NPBN will also discuss their Braille Transcriber Apprentice Program (BTAP) reentry program which is designed to prepare qualified incarcerated individuals for employment as Braille transcribers upon release.
- Both Texas and NPBN will share success stories of formerly incarcerated individuals who succeed as Braille transcribers after release.
Delores Billman, Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Jayma Hawkins, National Prison Braille Initiative
Webinar Advantages & Benefits
- No Travel Costs – You don’t even leave your office … you login using the Internet right from your desk or in a conference room.
- Economical – For one low price you can provide training for one or for many (just use a conference room).
- Webinars are Interactive – You have the ability to ask questions and get answers.
- Train More Staff – Many staff can’t travel to receive training … with a Webinar, they don’t have to!
- If your State, County or City has a travel ban … Webinars are designed for you!
Your registration includes the live Webinar + playback recording for $129. You’ll have access to the live Webinar (one connection or “site”) and you’ll receive a playback recording after the Webinar. If you require multiple connections or sites (more than one computer and/or phone connected to the Webinar), please register each connection or site online.
If you need to pay by check, please contact NCIA at 410-230-3972 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations: You may send your cancellation by e-mail to email@example.com. Cancellations must be received by NCIA by 5:00 PM (EDT) Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
IMPORTANT– Access to GoToTraining is required in order to participate in the Webinar. Please check with your IT department to make sure your network or web security system does not block access to GoToTraining.
Call NCIA at 410-230-3972 if you have questions with the registration process or about Webinars.