NCIA Webinar – Garment Shops – Sewing Offender and Officer Uniforms
Wednesday, January 30, 2019 – 1:00 PM EST
This Webinar will focus on how two CIs, Utah Correctional Industries (UCI) and Iowa Prison Industries (IPI) efficiently and effectively manage their garment shop operations.
Webinar topics include:
- Overview of both sew shops (UCI will focus on offender uniforms; IPI will focus on officer uniforms), highlighting shop history, equipment, volume, customer base, types of projects and offender assignments
- UCI will focus on offender garment production, as well as discuss mattress production and PIECP garment work
- IPI will focus on officer uniform production including how to deal with safety and security issues. IPI will also discuss how to create a set of garment specs that will help improve your production process and quality control. IPI will also review their unique shop layout and how this improves production and quality.
- Both UCI and IPI will share efficiencies and cost-saving techniques that they utilize, discuss methods to properly train offenders and share offender reentry success stories.
Brenda Ackerman, Iowa Prison Industries
Steve Gerber, Utah Correctional Industries
Webinar Advantages & Benefits
- No Travel Costs – You don’t even leave your office … you login using the Internet right from your desk or in a conference room.
- Economical – For one low price you can provide training for one or for many (just use a conference room).
- Webinars are Interactive – You have the ability to ask questions and get answers.
- Train More Staff – Many staff can’t travel to receive training … with a Webinar, they don’t have to!
- If your State, County or City has a travel ban … Webinars are designed for you!
Your registration includes the live Webinar + playback recording for $129. You’ll have access to the live Webinar (one connection or “site”) and you’ll receive a playback recording after the Webinar. If you require multiple connections or sites (more than one computer and/or phone connected to the Webinar), please register each connection or site online.
Cancellations: You may send your cancellation by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations must be received by NCIA by 5:00 PM (EST) Tuesday, January 29, 2019.
IMPORTANT– Access to GoToTraining is required in order to participate in the Webinar. Please check with your IT department to make sure your network or web security system does not block access to GoToTraining.
Call NCIA at 410-230-3972 if you have questions with the registration process or about Webinars.