NCIA Webinar – Succeed with Lean in Your CI
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 – 1:00 PM EDT
It is clear that correctly utilizing Lean principles in any operation will improve efficiency, lower costs and provide for a more productive workplace culture. This Webinar will showcase two states (Iowa & North Carolina) that successfully utilize Lean principles in their CI.
Iowa Prison Industries (IPI) will:
- Review how they implemented Lean principles within their CI including a discussion on the “lessons learned”
- Demonstrate how to utilize 5S to improve safety & security in your shop
- Show how the use of other foundational tools such as Standard Work and Goal Tracking are utilized in CI shops across Iowa
North Carolina Correction Enterprises (NCCE) will:
- Provide an overview and history of Lean implementation at NCCE, including the two-year statewide roll-out and training program
- Highlight the development of the Lean Certificate Program for CI staff and incarcerated individuals with North Carolina State University
- Focus on how they use 8 Types of Waste, Kaizen and Value Stream Mapping to further promote the Lean Culture throughout North Carolina
Steve Forbes – Iowa Prison Industries
Tracey Goodwin – North Carolina Correction Enterprises
Tass Jansen – North Carolina Correction Enterprises
Webinar Advantages & Benefits
- No Travel Costs – You don’t even leave your office … you login using the Internet right from your desk or in a conference room.
- Economical – For one low price you can provide training for one or for many (just use a conference room).
- Webinars are Interactive – You have the ability to ask questions and get answers.
- Train More Staff – Many staff can’t travel to receive training … with a Webinar, they don’t have to!
- If your State, County or City has a travel ban … Webinars are designed for you!
Your registration includes the live Webinar + playback recording for $129. You’ll have access to the live Webinar (one connection or “site”) and you’ll receive a playback recording after the Webinar. If you require multiple connections or sites (more than one computer and/or phone connected to the Webinar), please register each connection or site online.
If you need to pay by check, please contact NCIA at 410-230-3972 or email@example.com
Cancellations: You may send your cancellation by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations must be received by NCIA by 5:00 PM (EDT) Monday, August 12, 2019.
IMPORTANT– Access to GoToTraining is required in order to participate in the Webinar. Please check with your IT department to make sure your network or web security system does not block access to GoToTraining.
Call NCIA at 410-230-3972 if you have questions with the registration process or about Webinars.